How do you identify the independence day approaching ?
1. You see children selling the tricolor on the signals
2. You undergo tardy ‘full-proof’ security checks at almost all public places in India, airports being the most ‘looked after’ places
3. You witness ‘independence day special’ on television, be it a news channel item, talent show or even a sitcom
4. You receive smses, read in newspapers about i-day special sales going on in the mall nearest to you
5. Entire roads, city skylines filled with tricolor commemorating political party-specific patriotism
6. People around you discussing, planning their holidays, scheduling sickness
Six of the most common scenes, perhaps and six is the number of decades we have completed as a free and independent nation !
India, the emblem of progress, the yet much undiscovered prowess, the habitat of energy turns 61 this midnight. As a nation, we are very young, better nascent. The growth and the potential developed have reached the height, with such wide and varied presence that may not be spanned with 2.4 billion Indian eyes. We are dealing with the most powerful nations in the world, we have made them think and introspect with our riches and reaches.
Young nation of young people is today, on the brink of another evolution, we are metamorphosing:
1. We are pragmatic when we deal with the nuclear deal, no non-sense principles
2. We don’t think we are third world, we very much belong to the first world, we now use cold war in the history books only
3. We are no more ashamed of our color or culture
4. We are global and perhaps, the most diversified nation and guess what, we are now flaunting our speckled face
5. The world is following us against terrorism
6. We are the greatest reservoir and supplier of talent to the world
There may be a few grey areas, but if someone can improve, it’s got to be India !
For that, I and you, shall make a few resolutions today:
1. I will make it a point to cast my vote every time, in any of the public body elections
2. I will work towards true women and youth empowerment through education, beginning from my home
3. I will not just watch or plan, I will act or execute the plan
4. I will be a more caring member of the society in cleanliness, discipline
5. I will be using the energy, any sort of it made available to me, frugally
- Last but not the least, I will keep faith in my constitution, my government and the court
Let us all join together as a single identity and spread this singleness all over … Vande Mataram